Hid’n Pines Important Policies and Information
QUIET HOURS MUST BE OBSERVED FROM 11 PM – 8 AM
- NO FIRES, GROUP GATHERINGS OR ROAMING THE PROPERTY AFTER 11 PM
- In an effort to maintain a family friendly environment, Hid’n Pines Family Campground caters to families and couples only. We do not accept singles or groups. Extended family members (i.e. cousins, brothers, etc.) are not permitted to reserve as singles on their own sites, but are welcome to register as a guest of their family’s site.
- For your safety, please no walking around the campground barefoot. When walking around after dark, please use a flashlight.
- THERE WILL BE NO REFUND ISSUED FOR EARLY DEPARTURES OR INCLEMENT WEATHER
- Hid’n Pines reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and will not be held responsible for injuries of any kind. The management reserves the right to evict anyone found non-compliant with our policies, without refund.
AGE RESTRICTION POLICY:
We are a family campground and would like to maintain a welcoming and safe atmosphere for all of our guests; keeping this in mind…..
- All people in the party must be 18 years or older and a couple. We reserve the right to refuse entry or evict person(s) we determine to not meet the criteria without refund.
- All members of a party with any person(s) under the age of 21 will be required to provide official state identification upon registration.
- Anyone under the age of 21 found consuming or under the influence of alcohol will permit a call to Old Orchard Beach Police as well as face eviction without refund.
- All person(s) will respect quiet hours from 11pm -8am. Warnings will be given to not add wood to the fire past 11pm if further warnings are needed the party will face eviction without refund.
Call our office! We’re happy to help. (207) 934-2352
All campsites are equipped with a campfire ring. Fire in and of itself is dangerous and must be kept under control and always tended to by an adult. Please use extra caution in keeping your children and your personal possessions at a safe distance from campfires and fire rings. It is prohibited to use any flammable liquid to start your fire. Do not add wood to your fire after 10:30PM. NO OUT OF STATE WOOD PERMITTED. Trees on the campground are not to be cut or otherwise damaged.
Campers or visitors found in violation of campground policies may be evicted without warning or refund. Any situations requiring evictions will allow a one hour time period to exit the premises. After this time, police escort will result in the event the site has not yet been vacated. You are responsible for the conduct, safety, and well being of your family and guests.
Firearms, Fireworks, & Other Weapons ARE PROHIBITED!
Please use common sense. We have a limited amount of space with a large amount of people. Do not use, or allow your children to use, anything that will interfere with the safety and enjoyment of other campers. Marshmallow guns, “P”-Shooters, Slingshots, BB Guns and Bow & Arrows are not permitted at Hid’n Pines.
These are allowed, but can be disturbing to other campers. Please honor the quite hours of 11 PM to 8 AM. Loud motorcycle owners must walk their bikes into the campground during quiet hours. Motorcycles are charged $5 per day, for up to 2 motorcycles. Thank you for your cooperation.
There is night security staff on duty every night throughout the summer. If you have any problems or security concerns between the hours of 11 PM and 7 AM, please inform our night security staff as soon a possible by calling (207) 934-2352 or going to the office. We will do our best to rectify any problems or situations as soon as we are made aware of them.
Gates are operated by a magnetic key card. There is a $10 cash deposit for each card. During the busy season, there will be an attendant operating the gate between 10AM and 10PM. There is no admittance into the campground with an automobile after 1AM; you will have to park and walk to your site. If you plan to depart prior to 8AM, please return your key card the night before to claim your deposit.
Please dispose of your trash in the dumpsters provided near each restroom and at the main entrance gate. Please keep all food items that could attract animals on your site contained. Unkempt sites will invite animals and cause problems for all. Burning trash is a violation of Maine State Law. PLEASE DO NOT BURN YOUR TRASH OR PUT IT IN THE CAMPFIRE RINGS!
- Must be leashed at all times.
- Must NEVER left unattended, this includes in your trailer.
- Must be under the supervision of a responsible person.
- Are not allowed at the pool, playground, or in buildings.
- MUST be cleaned up after immediately. Disposal bags are available throughout the park.
- Are not allowed with guests camping in tents.
- All vaccination papers must be present at registration.
- Are not allowed with visitors or guests.
- Aggressive behavior, barking, and general disruption will result in pet eviction.
- Are allowed on beach before 10 AM and after 5 PM.
- Maximum of 2 dogs per site.
Please see our rates page for details about our cancellation policy.
Please check with the office for availability. Never change sites without getting proper authorization from the office. If you are switching sites during the course of your reservation, please come to the office at 11 AM for a new registration tag. You will not be asked to move off your current site until the new site is clean and vacant. If changing sites, PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE CAMPGROUND UNTIL YOU VACATE YOUR CURRENT SITE.
Check-In Time is 1PM:
Reservations are non-transferable. Must present ID at check-in. Failure to check-in on the scheduled arrival date, without notice, will forfeit your site and deposit as of 11 AM the following day.
Check-Out Time is 11 AM: NO EXCEPTIONS!
Late checkouts are not permitted. Due to the large volume of campers, we cannot provide space for late checkouts. If you would like to stay later than 11 AM, please come to the office prior to 11 AM to re-register or to check site availability. Please be courteous and allow time for us to prepare for the next guests arriving on that site.
Please see our rates page for details about our reservation date change policy.
Deposits (2017 reservations made after 1/2/17):
Two night reservations and holiday reservations require full payment as deposit. Reservations for three nights or more require a 50% deposit at the time the reservation is made. Reservations and deposits are non-transferable. Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and Money Orders are accepted. Click here for advanced reservation deposit information.
- No bike riding in the park after dark. Bikes must be returned to your site.
- No speeding or reckless riding in the park.
- Please use bike racks to park your bike or it will be confiscated.
- No bike riding in the campground driveway, Laundromat area, and pool complex.
- Maine State Law requires anyone 16 years or younger to wear a helmet while riding a bike. Helmets are recommended for everyone.
- No wheelies or jumping allowed.
- Bike tags must be displayed and visible at all times.
- Violations will be subject to loss of tag and privileges.
USE OF SKATEBOARDS, LONGBOARDS, ROLLERBLADES, ROLLER-SKATES, MINI-BIKES, RIP-STICKS, ELECTRIC CARS AND MOTORIZED SCOOTERS IS PROHIBITED.
CABLE AND WI-FI SERVICE:
Cable is available in most sections of the park. Please contact the office to find out which sections have cable television. Coaxial cable wire is available at the office for a $10 deposit.
There is free hospitality grade Wi-Fi available throughout the campground. There are other internet options in the recreation hall; courtesy internet kiosk and network connections for laptops.
FACILITIES AND AMENITIES
These are provided in the campground for your convenience. They are located by Restroom #3 and near the exit of the campground by the rec hall. If you are camping in a pop-up, please dispose of your grey water at the dumping stations. Maine State regulations require proper disposal of grey water. It is strictly prohibited to drain grey water on the ground.
Coin operated facilities are located in Restroom Building #1 and #3. The laundry room is open from 7 AM to 11 PM. There is a change machine located in Restroom Building #3 for your convenience.
There is playground in the park located by the pool. Please supervise your children when using playground equipment. There is no admittance to the playground from 11 PM to 8 AM.
If you need propane, you can trade out your tank at Hanson’s Hometown Country Store located just down Cascade Road. You may also have your tank filled on Saturday mornings by Champagne’s Energy. Please place the empty tank at the roadside edge of your site. Cash sales only.
We have a rec-hall for all ages with a ping pong table, brochure information, restaurant guide, board games, and a courtesy computer with internet access. It is located just past the security gates at the campground entrance.
Throughout the course of the day, all restrooms are cleaned multiple times. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our facilities. Out of respect for your fellow campers please try to keep our restrooms clean and orderly. Please inform the office of any problems that may need attention. We will address any concerns immediately. There are no fees for the use of our restroom facilities.
NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY!The pool rules are for the safety of all. Please take note of them upon entering the pool area and ensure that your children also understand them. The swimming pool generally opens at 9 AM and closes at 10 PM during our busy season. Children 13 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while in the pool complex. No rafts or flotation devices, other than those used by small children will be allowed. No diapers allowed. Disposable swim pants required. There will be a pool attendant on duty during the busy season.
Trolley Service to Beach:
Rides to the beach on the trolley are $1 per person, each way. Exact change only. Children 5 years and younger ride for free. The trolley picks up and drops off at the driveway entrance. It stops at Hid’n Pines every 30-60 minutes, depending on traffic. It starts at 10 AM and the last trolley picks up in downtown Old Orchard at midnight. Trolley service is limited during off-season times.
Visitors & Overnight Guests:
Please advise guests that everyone entering the park will be required to pay a fee.
A Day Pass is valid from 8 AM to 10 PM. The price for visitors ages 5-17 is $5 per day and for ages 18+ is $10 per day. Day visitors are eligible for a full refund once per day if they have paid in cash and exit the park within 30 minutes of arrival. If a day visitor decides to stay overnight, payment will be applied to an overnight visitor fee. DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED WITH VISITORS.
Additional people not arriving with a party, but sleeping in the camping unit, will be charged overnight visitor fee of $10 per person ages 5 and up, and $5 per additional vehicle. Limit 6 people per site. A maximum of one camping unit and one tent allowed per site. Checkout time for overnight guests is 11 AM. DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED WITH OVERNIGHT GUESTS.
Day visitors are allowed to park in the area along the fence in front of the main office. Overnight guests must park on the site that they are visiting. Do not park extra vehicles on unoccupied campsites or your vehicle will be towed!